We are currently seeking a Junior PHP Developer is to work closely with the development team in delivering end-to-end solutions. The role will continue to evolve as the product takes off and will be best suited to someone confident in carving their own path.
- Develop web-based applications
- Work from spec to build out a complete web portals with database back-ends
- Support multiple browsers development standards
- Maintain documentation standards
- Daily interaction with online collaborative tools (internal and client facing)
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a back end PHP developer in a similar role.
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Science, Software Engineering or a similar field.
- A strong understanding of good software design principles including OOP, unit testing, performance testing, version control and Information Security.
- Advanced PHP5 knowledge with and without MVC frameworks.
- An advanced understanding of SQL – specifically MySQL.
- Expert proficiency with zend 2.1 framework
- Must be creative, innovative, and able to think beyond the obvious
- Be project and goal driven
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Ability to work without supervision and with minimal directions in an agile environment
Preferred not essential:
- All above plus…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or related field)
- MVC development experience
- Mobile device development experience